ALL GROUPS AND CLASSES REMAIN SUSPENDED IN OZANAM HOUSE UNTIL APRIL 19TH
In line with the latest government advice, all groups and classes in Ozanam House continue to be suspended until April 19th and will be closed to members until that time.
We continue to stay in contact with our members to offer whatever supports we can remotely and we are providing a lot of online and postal services to our groups.
Keep an eye out here on our website and on Facebook – SVPOzanamHouse and Instagram – SVPOzanamHouse for more information on our online supports.
We hope you all stay healthy and we look forward to seeing all of our members and volunteers back safe and well in the centre soon
The Ozanam House team.
Further details for Ozanam Youth Groups, Senior Youth Groups and Grinds Club are as follows:
- The groups take place on the days and times listed above:
- Our Youth Leader volunteers commit to one group on one day – 2 hours each week (the exact times and days will be agreed between the volunteer and the programme co-ordinator).
- Our volunteers should commit to a minimum period of nine months. If you know in advance that he or she can only commit to a shorter period of time, you should let the coordinator know.
- Contribute to plans for your youth group.
- Take part in activities and spend time with the children and young
- Be a role model for the children and young people and help them with
- Supervise the group together with other volunteers.
- Attend and contribute to debriefings after the classes with other
- Work as part of a volunteer team within a really supportive
environment where everybody helps each other, giving and taking
ongoing feedback and support between all volunteer youth leaders.
- GRINDS CLUB –
- Provide one to one academic support to students in subjects of your chosing
- Provide advice and support to students as they prepare for their exams
- Provide study tips and career tips and advice to students where possible
Skills, Experience & Qualities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to
establish good relationships with children and young people.
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm to children and young people
and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives.
- An accepting and non-authoritarian approach.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Reliability, patience, resilience and flexibility.
- Ability to treat children and young people’s concerns with respect, tact
Training & Induction
- Our volunteer youth leaders will attend an induction/information night in the centre
to become familiar with the centre and our procedures
- Attend Child Protection Training learning about best practices when working with children and young people.
- Attend team meetings each term, as well as
- A great volunteer training programmes is developed each year with great courses on offer that will support your work as a youth leader
Support & Supervision
- Our Programme co-ordinator will provide ongoing support to all of our volunteer.
- Youth leaders will meet with their co-ordinator either in one-to-one meetings, or in larger group meetings to discuss ongoing progress and any issues arising.
- Planning meetings take place twice a year, in September and January
- General happiness and satisfaction
- Personal and professional development in terms of confidence, patience, adaptability
- The chance to contribute towards the development of children and young people to enhance their sense of self-worth and belief
- To make a difference in young people’s lives
- Opportunity to build up valuable work experience
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact us now!
Ozanam Come Dancing 2019 MEGA RAFFLE
We have launched our MEGA RAFFLE as part of this years Ozanam Come Dancing. Don’t miss your chance to win lots of Luxury Holiday Prizes and Exclusive Restaurant Vouchers as well as lots more prizes.
Tickets are €5 each and are available in Ozanam House or at the show on the night.
The Draw will take place at Ozanam Come Dancing 2019, Liberty Hall, on March 8th.
Full terms and conditions here: Raffle – Terms & Conditions.docx
DON’T MISS OUT – BE IN TO WIN!
Tickets are now on sale for our BIG annual Fundraiser Ozanam Come Dancing.
Join our host Brendan Courtney, our NEW celebrity Judges Neili Conroy and the fantastic Eilish O’Carroll (Winnie from Mrs Browns Boys) for a great night of fun, dance and fundraising.
Friday, March 8th at 7.30pm in Liberty Hall, Dublin 1
Tickets are €20 and are available from www.ozanamcomedancing.com
Our Host on the night will be Brendan Courtney.
Brendan is a well known television presenter and fashion correspondent for RTE and TV3.
Brendan co-owns his own clothing brand – LennonCourtney -exclusively available at Dunnes Stores.
Brendan won great acclaim with his recent documentaries ‘We need to talk about Dad’ and ‘This Crowded House’
We are delighted and privileged to welcome Brendan back this year.
Our volunteer dancers will perform the Cha Cha, the Jive, Argentine Tango, Paso Doble, Charleston, Bollywood and Disco. Don’t miss this great night out.
Get your TICKETS HERE – tickets €20
Vote for your favourite dancers – CLICK HERE TO VOTE
Every €1 donated equals 1 Vote on the night of the show.
Who will win Ozanam Come Dancing 2018 – You Decide!
Tickets are only €20 – AVAILABLE HERE
Don’t miss your chance to join us for a great night of fun and fundraising.
DON’T MISS OUT –
OZANAM COME DANCING, MARCH 9TH, LIBERTY HALL.
DOORS OPEN AT 6.30PM, SHOW STARTS AT 7.30PM
TICKETS ARE €20 AND AVAILABLE HERE
As part of our countdown to Ozanam Come Dancing, we would like to thank our Premium Sponsors and also to remind people of the huge benefits this fundraising event provides for the centre. Ozanam House would not be able to provide our community with all of the supports that we do without the time of our volunteers and the funding from our sponsors. Thank you DANCEWORLD www.danceworld.ie