Further details for Ozanam Youth Groups, Senior Youth Groups and Grinds Club are as follows:
- The groups take place on the days and times listed above:
- Our Youth Leader volunteers commit to one group on one day – 2 hours each week (the exact times and days will be agreed between the volunteer and the programme co-ordinator).
- Our volunteers should commit to a minimum period of nine months. If you know in advance that he or she can only commit to a shorter period of time, you should let the coordinator know.
- Contribute to plans for your youth group.
- Take part in activities and spend time with the children and young
- Be a role model for the children and young people and help them with
- Supervise the group together with other volunteers.
- Attend and contribute to debriefings after the classes with other
- Work as part of a volunteer team within a really supportive
environment where everybody helps each other, giving and taking
ongoing feedback and support between all volunteer youth leaders.
- GRINDS CLUB –
- Provide one to one academic support to students in subjects of your chosing
- Provide advice and support to students as they prepare for their exams
- Provide study tips and career tips and advice to students where possible
Skills, Experience & Qualities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to
establish good relationships with children and young people.
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm to children and young people
and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives.
- An accepting and non-authoritarian approach.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Reliability, patience, resilience and flexibility.
- Ability to treat children and young people’s concerns with respect, tact
Training & Induction
- Our volunteer youth leaders will attend an induction/information night in the centre
to become familiar with the centre and our procedures
- Attend Child Protection Training learning about best practices when working with children and young people.
- Attend team meetings each term, as well as
- A great volunteer training programmes is developed each year with great courses on offer that will support your work as a youth leader
Support & Supervision
- Our Programme co-ordinator will provide ongoing support to all of our volunteer.
- Youth leaders will meet with their co-ordinator either in one-to-one meetings, or in larger group meetings to discuss ongoing progress and any issues arising.
- Planning meetings take place twice a year, in September and January
- General happiness and satisfaction
- Personal and professional development in terms of confidence, patience, adaptability
- The chance to contribute towards the development of children and young people to enhance their sense of self-worth and belief
- To make a difference in young people’s lives
- Opportunity to build up valuable work experience
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact us now!